To achieve a sale the overriding requirement is to “be realistic with your price expectations”.
If you overprice in a climbing market your sale will take proportionately longer to achieve.
In a falling market, however, overpriced properties will never sell and you will have lost the opportunity for several years to achieve your best price.
First impressions and presentation are vitally important and we recommend all vendors to consider and act upon the following suggestions.
- The entrance/access to your property should be clean and well presented. No flaking paint – no mess!
- Internally the paintwork and furnishing should be clean, tidy and well presented.
- Any damp problems should be fixed or at very least explained to your agent.
- Access – ensure your agent has a set of access keys to allow viewings at short notice.
- Keys or codes – to internal access doors and terraces, gardens or pool areas should be easily available inside the property.
- Gated communities – provide your agent with a remote control for drive-in access. It does sometimes rain very hard on the Costa del Sol and not all buyers are as keen or able to walk as you!
- Finally, and of course most important by far, list your property with a good, professionally experienced local estate agent who is well established, operates from professional premises and knows the market inside out!
We look forward to hearing from you.